Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Those Special Dachshunds: Meet Geneva!

Geneva
(click photo to enlarge)

Finally, it's a beautiful red longhair after our own heart:  'Geneva' has a thing for really big trucks and heavy equipment!  Her human, Cynthia Drummond, from Snug Harbor, Rhode Island writes:

Dear Joey and Maggie,

The dog in the photo is Geneva, a standard longhair. She's 13 years old and doing great.

Geneva has always enjoyed the outdoors, whether it's hiking, kayaking, or as she is seen here, "driving" a backhoe.

I am a gardener and whenever possible, Geneva accompanies me on jobs. She's happy just hanging out and making sure I don't miss any weeds. She also has a thing for really big trucks and heavy equipment. She's a great traveller, always up for adventure, and the best friend I have ever had.

After following Joanie's story and its tragic ending, I felt I had to do something to acknowledge the appreciation, admiration and love I have for my own Dachshund, and this wonderful breed in general.

Don't miss all the fantastic Reader Features!

2 comments:

Linda and the critters said...

Aww, I love this photo! She looks so much like a dachshund named Hannah who owned me for 15 years.

Your DreamWorthy Gifts Shopping Advisor Team said...

What a riot! We've tweeted about your blog on Twitter and posted it on our wall on Facebook.com.

You can see our crazy Doxie at http://tr.im/DocPics.

Love the videos!

Mike & Kali Kunkle
http://www.DreamWorthyGifts.com & fellow Doxie lovers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails