Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Expressing The Bladder For A Paralyzed Dog



The Dodger development team at Dodgerslist is proud to announce a new video!  This video shows in detail how to express the bladder. After you've had the required hands-on demonstration from your vet, viewing this movie will be a useful follow up to the lesson.  Read more about expressing the bladder and bowel at Dodgerslist.

What a great resource Dodgerslist is. There's always a link to them in the links column on your right. They have a very active discussion list, and are real pros when it comes to offering advice for IVDD dachshunds and general dachshund health.

5 comments:

Cynthia in RI said...

I did this successfully for my dachshund for five years. He was not fully paralyzed, but he had lost the feeling for urination and defecation. He had a completely happy life and passed away at the age of 15.
There is no way I would have my best friend "put to sleep" just because he had lost bowel and bladder control.
This video should make a huge difference.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this video and for your wonderful blog.

kalyxcorn said...

thanks!!! that is a good bit of info to have available...

angie said...

how FASCINATING! it's one of those "we all want to know but are afraid to ask" things.

Unknown said...

I need someone to squeeze my dog when I am away for 2 weeks vacation outside of the U.S. If you or know someone who can help. Could you please let me know? We will pay. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails