Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Those Special Dachshunds: Meet Barnaby (and Zoe)!

Thanks so much to Amanda Morrison for sending in the nice photos and story of handsome wirehair 'Barnaby' and his longhair "sister" who's named 'Zoe.'  Without any further ado:

Dear Joey and Maggie,


My husband and I adopted a wirehair Dachshund the weekend after we got home from our honeymoon (almost 1 year ago), as a playmate for our longhair mini Dachshund Zoe. Until we brought him home, he had his tail between his legs and was so scared - but the minute we introduced he and Zoe for the first time in the driveway, his tail went from underneath his legs to straight up in the air, and has remained that way ever since!!! We named him Barnaby (because of his old man beard, the name seemed fitting), and he has brought so much joy into our lives and Zoe's life. Zoe and Barnaby are the best of friends. We also love giving Barnaby a mohawk using the wire-hair on his head!

Here are some cute pictures of the two of them. One picture of Barnaby alone in the bed was taken while I was out of town - my husband sent it to me with the title "my replacement wife for the weekend."


Happy Wirehair Wednesday!!!
Amanda, Mike, Zoe, and Barnaby :)


Keep up with these 2 at their very own blog:  Zoe and Barnaby.  Looks like Zoe has had some IVDD issues, and could sure use some warm Dachshund thoughts. 


The "replacement wife for the weekend"

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh my! Barnaby is so darn cute and so is Zoe!

Anca said...

Hi there, this is Auntie Anca, godmother to Zoe and Barnaby! Thank you so much for posting our babies on your blog! They have such vibrant personalities and bring so much joy to everyone they lick.

Zoe is a such a stuck-up princess, but she adores her little brother and will stand up to any other big dog who messes with him! And Barnaby is just a dumb, happy, one-balled doofus from the doxie reject shelter, but I've never seen him without that goofy grin on his face.

I miss my Zoeeee!!! and Barnaboodle so much since I moved back to Houston, but I try to visit as often as possible. And no matter how much Zoe has peed right before I arrive, she always saves a little to dribble out when I first pet her.

Thank you for brightening my day!

Anonymous said...

I just love these 2. Hope Zoe gets lots of rest and is feeling better soon.

K said...

We love you guys over here at the Wiener Dog Rescue Blog (http://wienerdogrescue.com/blog/) though your paws must get tired from all the typing!

K

Related Posts with Thumbnails